The tongue is a movable organ in the floor of the mouth of humans. The tongue is covered with moist, pink tissue called mucosa. Tiny bumps called papillae give the tongue its rough texture. It functions in eating, tasting and speaking. And a healthy tongue shows that your body is overall healthy. But if you have black spots on tongue Or as it is commonly called if you black hairy tongue. There is not a specific cause for a black tongue, but we have some home remedies for you remove those black spots from your tongue.
Here listing causes, preventions and home remedies for The black tongue:-
1. Causes Of The Black Tongue
If you have some or more black spots on your tongue, then you might want to discover causes of this.
- Hyperpigmentation – This occurs when you have excessive or too much pigments for example melanin. Pigments are what gives your skin, eyes and hair their color. If you have much of them on your tongue, you might end up having a harmless black spotted tongue.
- During Pregnancy – In some cases, you might have black spots on tongue during pregnancy or when using some contraceptives. Because pregnancy causes hormonal changes in a human body that influence endocrine system and that causes black spots on tongue.
- Oral Cancer – This is a very rare situation but yes oral cancer can cause black spots on your tongue. When caused by cancer, you will tend to have other oral cancer symptoms such as a chronic sore throat, hoarseness of voice, swallowing, speaking and jaw movement difficulties, sores on your neck, mouth.
- Tongue Piercing – If you have tongue piercings, they could be behind the small black marks on your tongue. Sometimes, the area where you had a piercing might lose its pigmentation leaving some dark spots or patches.
- Tongue Injury Or Trauma – Tongue injuries are a possible cause of black patches on your tongue especially if the injury cause sores.
- Chemotherapy – This problem does not happen to everyone, it is possible to have dark spots on tongue after or during chemotherapy.
- Being Anemic – Anemia is a possible cause of back tongue spots. Many patients have reported this problem.
- STD And HIV – Sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV are known to cause some blemishes on tongue especially white spots (rarely black spots) sores on tongue, mouth, lips among other parts of the body.
2. Prevention For The Black Tongue
- Oral Hygiene – Everyone should have the right oral and gum care and hygiene in place, which make prevent you from having black spots on the tongue or any oral issues in future.
- Healthy Lifestyle – A healthy diet should be maintained, not just for your tongue but for the whole body. Drink a lot of water everyday, which helps flush out the plaque and toxins hidden in the mouth.
- Avoid Drinking And Smoking – This happens because of the chemicals and the nicotine, and the tobacco in it. So you should stop smoking right away.
3. Home Remedies To Cure Black Spots
- Aloe Vera Juice – Gargling with one table spoon Aloe Vera Juice twice a day will help you remove black spots from your tongue.
- Gargle With Neem – Take 5-7 leaves of Neem and boil them with water until water turns a little green. Gargling with this water will remove black spots.
- Eat Garlic – Eating a clove of garlic every morning will keep your tongue healthy.
- Gargling With Cinnamon And Clove Water – Boil one piece of cinnamon with 2 cloves and gargle with it. Gargling with this twice a day will reduce black spots.
- Keep Your Tongue Clean – Keeping your tongue clean with tongue scrapper or tongue will help you cure black spots.
So here causes, preventations and home remedies to stay away from the black spots. Share it with your friends. 🙂