Diwali is a festival of colors and design. We buy colorful clothes and home decor items to celebrate the festival in addition to getting the whole home cleaned. Rangoli painting is a part of tradition and it forms a part of the preparations. Women paint great Rangoli patterns in their homes (main entrance and the Chowk) and take great pride in creating some beautiful art works around Diwali. Here, we have chosen top 30 rangoli designs for diwali and compiled the same for you.
- 1 1. Symmetrical circular Rangoli design
- 2 2. Peacock Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 3 3. Hexagonal Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 4 4. The White symmetrical wheel
- 5 5. The Krishna Flute Rangoli design
- 6 6. Ganesha on a white background
- 7 7. Symmetrical Multicolor Floral Rangoli design
- 8 8. Simple Floral Rangoli design
- 9 9. Lord Ganesha in the Sun Rangoli design
- 10 10. An intricate peacock rangoli design
- 11 11. Yellow colored peacocks come to the fore in this design
- 12 12. Peacock in a heart Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 13 13, Flower on a flower Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 14 14. Floral design Rangoli with a difference
- 15 15. The most beautiful Lord Ganesha Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 16 16. Diya at the center – Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 17 17. The Grand Peacock
- 18 18. The Abstract Rangoli Designs for Diwali
- 19 19. Concentric Circles – Intricate Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 20 20. Beautiful Floral work Rangoli designs
- 21 21. Abstract Rangoli design
- 22 22. Peacock as a Devi Rangoli Designs for Diwali
- 23 23. Easy looking Rangoli designs – Difficult to execute
- 24 24. Another intricate Rangoli design for Diwali
- 25 25. Time consuming but beautiful looking Rangoli designs for Diwali
- 26 Related posts:
1. Symmetrical circular Rangoli design
Check out this circular symmetrical and multicolored rangoli designs for diwali. The main color used here is navy blue along with white at the peripheries. In addition, a tinge of yellow has also been used as a complimentary color.
2. Peacock Rangoli designs for Diwali
This is a highly intricate rangoli design which requires perfect mastery of art for perfect execution. The peacock in the middle of this design looks just so amazing.
3. Hexagonal Rangoli designs for Diwali
This hexagonal rangoli design looks just amazing and the pastel blue color as the background makes it extra special and beautiful – perfect for a classic Diwali celebration.
4. The White symmetrical wheel
These rangoli designs for Diwali would be loved by anyone who has a trendy design. The floor works as the background to the design so it is important that the floor color is dark.
5. The Krishna Flute Rangoli design
These rangoli designs for Diwali would just look amazing on this pious occasion. It just looks like the design has come out of a painting. Just have a look at the Mor pankh and Kalash alongside the flute.
6. Ganesha on a white background
Just look at how amazing Lord Ganesha is looking in these rangoli designs for Diwali. It has been beautifully done with brown color on the white background.
7. Symmetrical Multicolor Floral Rangoli design
This is the first floral design in this list of rangoli designs for Diwali. It is an ethnic design with flowers especially the lotus flower in the middle of the design.
8. Simple Floral Rangoli design
Check out this simple floral design if you are looking to create some beautiful rangoli designs for Diwali in least amount of time. The design uses a perfect combination of blue, yellow and red.
9. Lord Ganesha in the Sun Rangoli design
This design is for all Lord Ganesha devotees out there who are looking to create some beautiful rangoli designs for Diwali. The orange colored sun would look great on any light colored floor as the background.
10. An intricate peacock rangoli design
This peacock based rangoli design contains multiple peacocks in different colors. Can you guess the number of peacocks in the design. It is actually five in different colors viz green, aqua, blue, white and purple. This would look amazing on any color due to its multicolored nature.
11. Yellow colored peacocks come to the fore in this design
This again is an intricate design with two peacocks at two ends (both yellow in color) along with a Pooja Kalash in the middle. Extra attention needs to be provided to the multiple colors which have been used beautifully in these rangoli designs for Diwali.
12. Peacock in a heart Rangoli designs for Diwali
The base design is a heart in green color and people starts from within the heat and extending out to create multiple colored feathers. The base color for orange is orange while the feathers have blue as the primary color.
13, Flower on a flower Rangoli designs for Diwali
These floral designs for Diwali are one of the most intricate Rangoli designs as these assume that you would be able to draw flowers shape perfectly. In case, you are not great at sketching shapes then you can use a tracing paper to draw he flowers and post that it is just about filling the colors of your choice in the shapes. The pastel colors used in the above Rangoli look damn good.
14. Floral design Rangoli with a difference
This design creates flowers in the middle and has flowers forming the outlines of the rectangle around the main centered flowers. As shown in the Rangoli design, it requires a dark background to look at its best. You can, thus, create a dark color background first on the floor (rectangle shape) and then create the Rangoli design on top of that.
15. The most beautiful Lord Ganesha Rangoli designs for Diwali
Looking at the Rangoli picture, it looks like a work of jewellery but believe it or not, it is a Rangoli. The white background on which Lord Ganesha has been drawn cannot get more royal and is the perfect background for something a pious as this. This design clearly elaborates the importance of background to the whole Rangoli look and feel. This Rangoli design uses colorful beads to draw Lord Ganesha and look it this; it is just heavenly.
16. Diya at the center – Rangoli designs for Diwali
This is a simple design which would not take a lot of time and effort to draw. Draw two concentric circles and then taking the smaller circle as the center, draw a flower’s petals. And voila you are done. Now, you just need to draw a Diya in the center of the smaller circle and then color this piece of art as per your taste and cultural sensibilities.
17. The Grand Peacock
This might very well be the most intricate and difficult design in this entire list. The Rangoli maker needs to be a good artist to recreate the shape of the peacock especially its neck. Even the slightest of errors would result in a below par Rangoli which will not look good. Once, the outline is done, even coloring the feathers would take some time due to the shading and lining necessary to make it look like feathers.
18. The Abstract Rangoli Designs for Diwali
This design is one of the most abstract Rangoli designs included in this list of top Rangoli designs. It uses a lot of white so the background floor needs to be of dark color or you need to create a dark background in case the flooring is white or some light color.
19. Concentric Circles – Intricate Rangoli designs for Diwali
This is a simple design but has a number of intricacies and need some time to execute. We would recommend this design to anyone who might not be good at drawing but has some time on his/her hands and is looking to draw something beautiful for Diwali. The design has 10 circles and then a lot of artwork within each circle. The colors used in the above Rangoli are soothing to the eyes. However, in case, you are looking to use different colors, go ahead and create your own Rangoli,
20. Beautiful Floral work Rangoli designs
Create a dark color background before drawing this Rangoli design. And then create the larger flower and the abstract floral work accompanying the flower.
21. Abstract Rangoli design
This design uses some great pastel color combinations which makes this Rangoli design soothing to the eyes. In addition, the design has a repetition of the same design so once you master the design, you would be able to do it pretty quickly.
22. Peacock as a Devi Rangoli Designs for Diwali
This peacock looks like a reincarnation of our beloved Devi Maa with a number of hands and looking totally divine. AN absolute must try if you have some time on your hands.
23. Easy looking Rangoli designs – Difficult to execute
These Rangoli designs for Diwali look simple but are one of the most difficult designs to actually execute, make sure that you have ample time on your hands before trying out this design.
24. Another intricate Rangoli design for Diwali
Just look at the number of shapes embedded in the above Rangoli design. Looks beautiful though.
25. Time consuming but beautiful looking Rangoli designs for Diwali
This again is a simple Rangoli design but it would take a long time to draw due to the detailing within every portion of this design. Just observe the second circle from the center in blue and you would understand the reason why it would take a lot of time.
We hope that you would have liked this list of Top 25 Rangoli designs for Diwali. We have tried to include all kinds of beautiful Rangoli designs as per your taste and skill/time requirements. Some of the Rangoli designs are really simple and anyone can draw them while some of them are real pieces of art and would need someone skillful to be able to create such artworks. In the middle, there are a few Rangoli designs which are simple to draw but have a lot of details which result in beautiful pieces of art. Here, you would trade your time for skill so the lack of skill would be compensated for by the time being invested in the Rangoli creation. Go ahead and choose your best Rangoli designs for Diwali and then draw it on the auspicious occasion of Diwali.
Don’t forget to share it with your friend and family if you liked the Rangoli designs.