Indian weddings are a legacy in itself, a celebration like none other. Every passing day there is a new wedding trend which is why it’s quite common to get lost in the plethora of ideas available on the internet. Wedding decor themes can be one such topic too, so here we are listing the top 10 trending decor themes for Indian weddings.
- For those looking to make their wedding look big and fat, nothing accomplishes this dream as The Royal Wedding Decor Theme does. A Big venue for starters and huge chandeliers paired with royal carpets for the floor and a majestic seating arrangement.
- Something that every little girl has secretly dreamt of in her childhood days is marrying a prince charming, fairytale style. If you are still clinging on to this dream then you can choose The fairytale wedding decor theme, where everything is subtle tones of white, pink and red. A lot of flowers, bows, creative boards, candles and crisp white curtains for decoration is all you need. A lot of banquets in and around Delhi have such decor theme with subtle tones of white, big chandeliers & pastel flowers. You can find more on venue search apps like WedMeGood.
- For all you folks who like to uphold their traditions and cultures, you can choose The Regional Wedding decor theme. You can have a Rajasthani wedding, punjabi wedding, lucknowi wedding, maharashtrian wedding, konkani wedding or south indian wedding. All you have to do is replicate the colours and highlights of a certain place in the decoration, food and clothing
- This one’s everyone’s favorite, who wouldn’t want a wedding by the beach. The beach Wedding decor theme is perfect if you are looking at a vacation kind of wedding. A lot of resorts in Goa do offer these services but then it might be a slightly heavier on the budget side.
Image via Mustang Eventz
- In India, we are all crazy about Bollywood right. So why not have one as a wedding decor theme. The Bollywood Wedding decor theme calls for a lot of movie posters, captivating dialogues, star studded wallpapers, dresses that reflect drama and a whole lot of music and dance of course.
Image via The Wedding Junction
- If you have a thing for nature, plants and green spaces, you can choose to go green for your wedding too. The green wedding decor theme is a trend that will last forever. Choose an outdoor garden venue, decorate the space with a lot of plants, flowering, succulent and all kinds, have some beautiful planters and climbers arranged. Though sounds a little plain, a well executed theme will look like a dream in starry night
- The best choice for an offbeat artistic couple is The Bohemian wedding decor theme. A bright pop of colours, big dream catchers, artistic umbrellas, wind chimes, some pitched cabanas and a lot of colourful tiaras for the guests. This sure is a winner amongst the young couples and the guests.
Image via The Wedding Salad
The purpose of decoration at a wedding is not just to please the eyes but also the soul, to set a vibe for event and hold the crowd like a dream is a task that takes a lot of planning and good execution. The decoration can get chaotic if it lacks direction and to set a theme is to give this direction to the decoration, oneness to the entire event. So, choose what suits you best and create memories that will last this lifetime.