We are always on a look out for beautiful home décor items to adorn various parts of our home such as living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Finding the right items for your home is really difficult as it needs to appeal to your unique taste and needs to be appropriately priced. In our search, we came across EK by Ekta kapoor which has been founded by none other than Ektaa Kapoor and we fell in love with the collections available on the website.
About the Brand
The EK by Ekta kapoor (EK) is an online shopping destination founded by Ektaa Kapoor, a well-known entertainment industry figure who has revolutionized Television. “EK is my way of empowering local artisans who work to preserve Indian heritage and culture through their art,” Ektaa Kapoor says. It was founded in 2021, and its headquarter is in Mumbai.
The products are designed keeping in mind the impact they have on one’s well-being- the material, designs/patterns used in the products have a deep-rooted significance in Indian culture. Most of the products are handcrafted by artisans to promote Indian craftmanship.
- There is a whole collection on Madala designs. Mandala is a sign for attracting balance and positivity and has been used in various EK products.
- Material such as pure cotton, copper, brass, mango wood etc have a good impact on one’s well-being.
At EK, the materials, colours, designs and artefacts have a purpose. EK’s bed linens are made entirely of Indian cotton. Because of their soft and breathable texture, they are an ideal companion for a restful and peaceful sleep. The Ayurvedic brassware collection includes artefacts and utensils with numerous health benefits.
The Hamsa Hand and Evil Eye Jewellery are more than just decorative items. The purpose is to bring good health and well-being by keeping negative energy away. The goal is to fill homes with wellness products that energise your mind, body, and soul
Categories and Collections
The website offers a variety of products. All pieces are hand-crafted by Indian artists who have passed down age-old traditions for centuries. The homepage of the website displays the most recent product launches as well as featured products from several categories.
Main Categories offered on the website are –
- Home linen: Bedsheet Sets, Cushion Covers, Table Linens, Dohars, and Curtains are all available under Home Linen. All of these are created with gorgeous designs and colours to brighten your environment.
- Dining: The dining collection includes plates, bowls, and mugs made of various metals such as brass and porcelain. They are handcrafted with one-of-a-kind arts and designs to complement your dining room.
- Home décor: The home decor section has a variety of collections of Blue Pottery, Metal Platter, Lantern, Wooden Platter, Wooden bowls and Vase. The art, designs, vibrant colours and patterns used are lovely. It will make your living space feel calm and positive.
- Jewellery: The jewellery collection includes contemporary jewellery designs with powerful symbols of protection from negative vibes. These are 22 karats gold platted neckpieces and bracelets with spiritual patterns to give a positive sense and good for health and well being.
- Copperware: Copper collection has copper utensils that are made from pure copper. Copper has many health benefits like killing bacteria and improving the digestion and immunity system of our body. The collection includes bottles, jugs, mugs and cups.
- Incense: The incense collection includes agarbathis and dhoop made from 100 per cent organic ingredients. It is charcoal free and handmade by women. It will rejuvenate and heal your ambience and soul. There are packs of incense sticks with varieties of fragrances like sandalwood, Champa, rose, lotus etc.
The website also lists products under various collections as per the design aesthetic:
- Mandala: Mandala home linen sets are made of 100% cotton and natural dyes that are gentle on the skin. The Mandala designs are a spiritual symbol that bring a deeper feeling of harmony to your environment and fill it with happiness and peace.
- Jharokha: Jharokha collections are influenced by Rajasthani traditional architecture. It is composed of quality cotton and is organically coloured with ethnic embroidery to add Indian majesty to the room.
- The Hamsa Hand and Evil Eye Jewellery Collection is beautiful and can be worn by anyone to bring good health and riches.
- Bagh journal: The Bagh Journal home linen collection will brighten up your environment. They are completely skin-friendly and inspired by flora and animals, as well as created with natural colours and 100 per cent cotton. This collection, from Bagru, Rajasthan, brings the blissfulness and abundance of nature into your home.
- Neel linen: The Neel collection of home linens is uniquely designed by Indian artists and made with 100 per cent cotton and natural dyes. This lovely collection is meant to bring a sense of serenity and delight to your environment.
- Blue pottery: Blue pottery collection from the Jaipur Giridhar family. It’s here to bring a touch of elegance to your home, prepared with a complicated process of churning and sculpting the clay on the potter’s wheel.
- Brassware: The brassware series is comprised of eco-friendly and recyclable brass. It is a stunning variety of brassware. It is precisely designed to enhance your zone with pleasant vibes and tranquillity.
- Ceramic: The ceramic serve ware series is created by Indian artisans with great skill and ability. Its calming colours and stylish motifs will add grace to your dining table.
The products and pricing ranges are highly affordable for Indian customers. Collaborative work with Indian artists is a fantastic idea for assisting remote artists and it is valuable to our diverse culture.
Our Experience with the brand
We got a set of Handcrafted Teal & Brown Ceramic Bowl which was looking exquisite on the website. It is a piece from the Ceramic collection of the website. We just loved the packaging – the bowls were packed in at least three layers to guard the same from breakage during shipping. When we opened the packet – we fell in the love with the quality of the bowls. The finish was top notch and moist importantly the size was also good. The bowl is handcrafted from high-quality ceramic. It is hand painted in a tranquil teal colour to honour its very beautiful piece of art. The colour is relaxing and would be great for serving dinner to guests.
All in all, we love the products curated on the website and are more than happy with the quality of the products that we ordered from the website. In case, you are looking for some home décor items – go for EK by Ekta kapoor.