Leaving all those college memories behind i am more focused and matured now as compared to the time i entered college. The time can surely make me nostalgic and the memory can itself make me think “how crazy i was”. Ofcourse there are a hell lot of expectations in the beginning (thanks to bollywood) but not all of them stands true on what you experience on your own.
Summing up my college life, in general here are the few things which i realized that are completely different from what you expect.
- 1 1. College is just not meant for fun-
- 2 2. No money is ever enough
- 3 3. Relationships hardly stays for long
- 4 4. You’ll hardly see your dean or principal in your entire college life
- 5 5. There’s much more politics involved in college as in the real world
- 6 6. Ragging is not a phase that everybody will face
- 7 Related posts:
1. College is just not meant for fun-
Being a science student i can totally understand the need of constant studies and concentration, but from other’s perspective too i can say that college is just not meant for fun. There are times you must stay punctual in your classes and pay attention during your projects, presentation and so on.
2. No money is ever enough
The struggle is real when it comes to save money, coz you never gonna do that. Savings is a myth and don’t ever expect it from yourself. Forget money you’ll never have enough clothes, footwear, handbags and so on. (Basic necessities)
3. Relationships hardly stays for long
Though you can make friends who gonna stay with you forever, don’t expect long term relationships when you’re in college. Ofcourse exceptions exists and i completely adore such couples, but the fact is most of us in the long run will not stay as compatible.
4. You’ll hardly see your dean or principal in your entire college life
Apart from seminars, orientation and functions(if you attend them) you’ll hardly see your college principal in your college life, one thing which is completely altered from what we experience in school.
5. There’s much more politics involved in college as in the real world
Especially if you’re a part of any society. People will deploy you, bully you and will speak straight on your face. Be ready to experience both criticism and compliment on your face.
6. Ragging is not a phase that everybody will face
Although there are still cases of ragging and strict steps should be taken to stop that immediately, it is not a significant part of every institution or individual. A light introduction with your senior still exists and that is definitely important so as to form better bonds.
No matter how much try, college days are precious for life.