Why is it so difficult to understand parents all the time, specifically INDIAN parents? They will love and care for you like no other and sometimes that concern may exceed the obsession values to an extent where you will no longer be able to make decisions on your own, coz, hello, Parents are always right. No matter what you do, where you stand, lectures are an eternal part of your life. To revive those memories, we here compiled a list of things that most of us get to hear from our parents daily and that’s pretty much the same scenario for everyone coz Indian parents don’t discriminate.
- 1. Why Don’t You Wake Up Early?
- 2. Why Don’t You Pick Up Your Phone?
- 3. Beta, Khana Khaya Aka Did You eat Food?
- 4. You Better Get Married Soon
- 5. You Don’t Value Money
- 6. You Better Talk To Us Before Taking Your Decisions
- 7. Jab Ma-Baap Banoge Tab Pata Chalega Aka You’ll Get To Know When You’ll Become Parents
- 8. You Are Useless
- 9. Where Are You Going? When Will You Be Back?
- 10. Why Are You On Phone Always?
1. Why Don’t You Wake Up Early?
Time is crucial, and all they want from us is to wake up goddamn early. Irrespective of what time you sleep or the importance of morning nap, your parents will never leave a moment to mention the health benefits that comes to every morning person.
2. Why Don’t You Pick Up Your Phone?
Leaving home comes with a statutory warning of picking up the phone every time they call us. God knows how scary is to see your mom’s 30 missed calls under 15 minutes, coz for them you’re probably dead or drunk after every single call they make but you didn’t pick.
3. Beta, Khana Khaya Aka Did You eat Food?
We know they care, but what about the annoying things they do everytime. No matter what you do, their only priority is to feed you all the time, even if you’re on diet.
4. You Better Get Married Soon
Get married, have babies is what the motto of your life as per them. Career is important, but not as much as being getting married is. And they have a weird reason for that too- “Humare zamane mein is umar mein do bache the hamare”.
5. You Don’t Value Money
Your phone ka kharcha and your coffee ka bill, everything to them just feels “so ill”. Dare you not argue when they are angry coz the last thing that upsets them is the credit card bills.
6. You Better Talk To Us Before Taking Your Decisions
No matter what your age is, you’ll always be an overgrown kid for them and you’re not able to take any decision on your own.
7. Jab Ma-Baap Banoge Tab Pata Chalega Aka You’ll Get To Know When You’ll Become Parents
The end of every discussion starts from a dialog like this after which you cannot argue further. It’s the ultimate weapon they use after every cold war they have had with you or the time they realise that they might fall weak in the whole scenario.
8. You Are Useless
Try as hard as you could but your parents will never appreciate you for that, try doing one single thing wrong and get your dose of damage without even asking for it.
9. Where Are You Going? When Will You Be Back?
Go anywhere, you’ll be bombarded with questions that will explode your mind even before you go out.
10. Why Are You On Phone Always?
Leave your phone for all day and no one will notice, pick it for a while and your parents will give you a glimpse of hell within a second.
Indian Parents Be Like!!