We can’t imagine a space without cab facilities in metro cities these days. With the mercury rising up, cans seems to give us the most comfortable journey that one can ask for. With super efficient apps and services working day and night for our betterment life just seems like a bliss where you no longer have to wait for an auto or taking the hassle of going into a public transport. However, the idea of using cabs somewhere has raised a serious concern about women safety after a few incidents which are difficult to ignore. Keeping safety on priority, we here are going to mention you 10 things that every girl needs to check before riding a cab.
- 1. Their Fare Charges
- 2. Make Sure That The Driver Switches On His App Before Starting The Ride
- 3. Keep Your Four Digit OTP Ready
- 4. Check The Car Number Before You Sit
- 5. Check Driver’s Details Before You Start Your Journey
- 6. Keep An Eye On The Route He Is Following
- 7. Don’t Forget To Share Your Location With A Friend Or A Relative
- 8. Check If There’s Anyone Other Than Driver Present In The Car
- 9. Avoid Sharing Cab During Night
- 10. Check All Your Stuff Before Leaving The Cab
1. Their Fare Charges
Checking this will not only give you a rough idea about how much you’re going to pay but will also ensure the rates without getting into a one on one conversation with the driver. You just sit and relax by keeping the price details in your mind so that no one could make a fool out of you.
2. Make Sure That The Driver Switches On His App Before Starting The Ride
So that you both are on constant scrutiny through the app. Both the car and your location will be constantly scrutinized by the company and even with your closed ones in case of any emergency.
3. Keep Your Four Digit OTP Ready
Punching this will let the app connect you throughout the ride. This way your booking will be confirmed, controlled and monetized constantly.
4. Check The Car Number Before You Sit
Make sure that you’re in the right car before just checking inside the car. This is an important step which most of us ignore.
5. Check Driver’s Details Before You Start Your Journey
Source: GQ magazine
All his details will be shared on the app just when you book a cab. Check if it is the same driver that has been mentioned in the cab. Check his previous ratings, name, contact number and forward it to a known if possible.
6. Keep An Eye On The Route He Is Following
You can even tell him to follow a separate route which you prefer without charging extra. Keep an eye on the way and don’t ever sleep in between your journey.
This will help him/her track you down in any case of emergency. Ensuring this will make your journey safer and someone can even constantly scrutinize your journey till you reach home safely.
8. Check If There’s Anyone Other Than Driver Present In The Car
Source: GQ Magazine
Don’t ever sit in the car if a person other than the driver is sitting in the car unless you’re sharing it. The presence of any other person other than the driver can be fishy and is a direct indication that you must avoid sitting in a car like this.
9. Avoid Sharing Cab During Night
Avoid sharing cabs if you’re traveling at night for the sake of your safety. That might cost you extra, but that extra bucks are not worth your safety anyhow.
10. Check All Your Stuff Before Leaving The Cab
Don’t share your personal details with the driver and check if anything’s left before leaving.
Enjoy Your Ride, But With A Little Bit Of Smartness!!