As shocking the title seems to you, studies have actually shown that green tea is no miracle drink and I am saying this when I have witnessed people literally people worshipping this drink. Studies have shown that there are a number of green tea side effects which we often ignore. We came across so many dietitians, nutritionist and health experts blabbering about this magical potion but sadly not a single of them mentions the Green tea side effects. If you too are amazed by this over-hyped drink and adapted this into your life, better read this list before getting fully addicted to it.
- 1. Green tea side effects – Lack Of Iron In Your Body
- 2. Green tea side effects – Liver Failure
- 3. Green tea side effects – Anxiety Initiator
- 4. Green tea side effects – Caffeine Content In Green Tea Is The Worse
- 5. Green tea side effects – Can Lead To Miscarriage
- 6. Green tea side effects – Can Cause Osteoporosis
- 7. Green tea side effects – Acts As Toxin
- 8. Green tea side effects – Increased Stress Levels
1. Green tea side effects – Lack Of Iron In Your Body
Source: Dr. Oz
A substance called tannin present in green tea block the absorption of iron in your body which in turn means lack of iron in your body due to over consumption of green tea. This is yet anther shocking thing that came out from the detailed study on green tea.
2. Green tea side effects – Liver Failure
Catechins present in green tea are though antioxidants but directly attacks mitochondria when taken in excess amounts. This can further disrupt the process of breakdown of food in the form of energy and can cause you diseases like hepatitis, jaundice and even liver failures in extreme cases.
3. Green tea side effects – Anxiety Initiator
Excessive consumption of green tea can cause anxiety that can lower don your blood pressure and can cause symptoms like blackout and excess stress.
4. Green tea side effects – Caffeine Content In Green Tea Is The Worse
Though the amount of caffeine in green tea is pretty less, but again over consumption of this can increase your blood sugar levels and can even cause irregular heartbeats. Hence, diabetic patients must ignore intake of green tea as much as possible.
5. Green tea side effects – Can Lead To Miscarriage
Source: women mental health
And trust me I re-read the phrase thrice to reconfigure how intense the side effects of green tea can go.
Early mothers and would be mothers must avoid taking in green tea as too much caffeine intake can harm child’s health during pregnancy or even during lactation period as per studies and could even lead to a miscarriage.
6. Green tea side effects – Can Cause Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis causes weakening of bones due to deficiency of calcium in your body and is said to be triggered cause of excessive intake of green tea. Green tea blocks the absorption of calcium by flushing it our of your body leading to severe bone damage.
7. Green tea side effects – Acts As Toxin
Green tea when taken empty stomach acts as a toxic and damages your intestines, and gastronomical system. Often we take green tea empty stomach thinking that it will make us lose weight which is completely wrong and must be avoided as much as you can.
8. Green tea side effects – Increased Stress Levels
This is yet again a shocking thing for us to hear, but just like other drinks like soda and other carbonated drink, excessive amounts of green tea can enhance the stress levels making you feel dizzy and exhausted all the time.
Regulate Your Green Tea Intake And Stop Following Those Commercials Blindly. Keep the Green tea side effects in mind the next time you are reaching out for your green tea cup!!