If you’re living in a small town city then and talking about fashion, people around you must be taking you for granted for sure. Talk about Paris or Milan Fashion week and people will consider you alien for an instance, but that is what perfectly depicts the life you live in a small town. Fashion has a whole new definition when it comes to small towns and all those who lives there can totally relate to this agony. Feeling you completely, we penned down 10 fashion problems that only “Small Town” girls will relate to.
- 1 1. Everybody Has Seen Your Great Outfits
- 2 2. Most Of The People Don’t Get Your Latest Trend
- 3 3. A Slight Skin Show Can Give You A Death Stare From Your Nosy Aunty
- 4 4. Not Many Options For Shopping
- 5 5. Even If You Find A Good Shopping Place It’ll Always Be Overpriced
- 6 6. Spending More On Your Fashion Needs Can Be Considered As Crime
- 7 7. Wear A Short Dress And People Will Stare At You Like You’re An Alienated Species
- 8 8. Most Of The Small Cities Are Way Far For The Online Portals To Reach
- 9 9. There’s No Buzz About Fashion Weeks Whatsoever
- 10 10. You’re Always Considered Overdressed
- 11 Related posts:
1. Everybody Has Seen Your Great Outfits
They have seen your LBD, your favorite blue dress or any other colored dress for the matter that you live in a small town with boundaries not that much extended. No matter how hard you try, you always end up getting noticed even if you don’t want to.
2. Most Of The People Don’t Get Your Latest Trend
Whether it is a new pair of your favorite shredded denim, the new cutout top you just bought or the patch denim jacket you flaunted, people are literally not gonna appreciate your style sense even if it is super trendy. For them, your way of dressing can go little absurd at times irrespective of the direction of fashion. Sigh!!
3. A Slight Skin Show Can Give You A Death Stare From Your Nosy Aunty
Hello, judgemental aunties who are not just gonna screw you up with a supersonic vision that may put you in disgust, but with some random ranting about you when you’re not around. People living in small towns are often conservative and rarely accepts the metro cities lifestyle for real.
4. Not Many Options For Shopping
There are hardly two to three shops around you where you could buy stuff that can actually make sense, and you must have visited those shops more than 1000 times in the past few months just to make sure that you would probably find some trendy and latest stuff for your shopping needs. Unfortunately, even if the shop is owned by a big brand, you’ll hardly get the fresh stock from their new collection in a small town showroom.
5. Even If You Find A Good Shopping Place It’ll Always Be Overpriced
First of all their stocks are always limited and even if you manage to find something worthy enough to give it a shot, it’s definitely going to be hell expensive and could never confront you to be bought at such high price.
6. Spending More On Your Fashion Needs Can Be Considered As Crime
Buy a super expensive thing living in a small town and people will make fun of you considering you completely a dumb. For them spending a whopping amount is not under their practices which make them least interested in the perfume you bought for 5000 bucks.
7. Wear A Short Dress And People Will Stare At You Like You’re An Alienated Species
Source: OMG story
Again, feeding the conservative spirit of small town wearing small dresses can go obligatory at times and there goes your fashion desires. You must consider 1000 times before stepping out in your favorite shorts or tank top.
8. Most Of The Small Cities Are Way Far For The Online Portals To Reach
If you don’t have good shops around you might consider some of the coolest trends online, coz all of them are just a click away on those online portals with some mind-boggling discounts and there you start making an air bubble of a dream wardrobe which will soon be inflated if you’ll get to know that not all portals deliver their products in cities other than metro cities. No humanity left, I guess.
9. There’s No Buzz About Fashion Weeks Whatsoever
Talk about any fashion week and you’ll find people least interested in that kind of stuff. Designer clothes never grabbed their interest until it is worn by any Bollywood celebrity and that too without any mention about the designer. They will always call it like “Sonam Kapoor wali saree” instead of “Anamika Khanna Ensemble”
10. You’re Always Considered Overdressed
Aghast!! Can’t even wear an outfit beyond everybody’s imagination.