Step Aerobics, a type of aerobics that involves stepping up onto and down from a portable block. “Stay fit”is the new mantra for the new generation and to burn the pounds of fat on your belly and to be active, you need to workout. If you feel working out with heavy equipment is a tough task, then you can opt step aerobics. By doing step aerobics, you will not only lose weight, but you will become more active.
In today’s article we will talk about Step aerobics benefits and will know some moves of step aerobics as well. So, let’s get started.
The equipment required to do step aerobics
Only one equipment is required to do step aerobics and that is Step bench. A step bench is an inexpensive platform that is a multi-functional equipment for working out. Usually, it’s height ranges between 4 to 12 inches, which can be adjusted with the help of integral block risers according to the requirement.
Beginner Step Aerobics Moves
- Basic Step – Step on and off the bench with your right and left foot, one by one.
- Tap Up – Step on the bench with your right foot and tap it with the left foot. Now, step off with the left and right foot respectively.
- Split Basic Step – Step on the bench with your right and left foot respectively. Tap the floor with the right foot and bring it to the previous position. Do the same with the left foot and step off.
- ‘A’ Step – Step on the bench with your right foot followed by your left foot just by facing sideways. Then, step off to the other side in the same manner.
- ‘V’ Step – Step on the bench with your right and left foot respectively by maintaining the maximum possible distance. Then step off.
- ‘I’ Step – Step on the bench with your right and left foot respectively. Perform a jumping jack and then step off.
- Repeater – Step on the bench with the right foot. Lift your left leg and tap the floor thrice. Then, step off.
Different Aerobic Step Bench Exercise
- Dynamic Hip Mobility On Steps
- Running On Steps
- Burpee On Steps
- Cross Overs On Steps
- Plank Ups On Steps
- Step Overs On Aerobic Steps
- Burpee Jumps On Aerobic Steps
- Aerobic Step-Ups
- Burpee Step-Ups
Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics
- It helps you to burn calories.
- It speeds up the process of weight loss and makes you active.
- It increases body’s flexibility.
- It helps you improving balance and endurance
- It tones up your body
- It is a fun exercise with amazing results and it is a hassle-free workout routine that can be modified as per the requirements and fitness levels.
Hopefully, step Aerobics will help you to be more active and to reduce weight.