The yellow nail is one common problem that every second person face. It is usually caused because of using nail colours regularly, using bad quality nail colours or sometimes because of health issues. Generally, the chemicals used in nail polishes leave stains on the nails and make it yellow and our nails look really bad afterwards. But to help you all, in this article, we will be telling you 12 easy ways to get rid of yellow nails at home. Here, have a look!
- What causes Yellow Nails?
- How to Get Rid of Yellow Nails?
- Ways To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
- 1. Use Lemon
- To get rid of the yellow nail with baking you can use the following method:
- Method :
- Method :
- Method :
- Method :
- 9. Lemon Hydro soda Paste
- 10. Hydrogen peroxide and Baking soda
- 11. Whitening Toothpaste
- 12. Orange Peels
- Share this article and stay tuned for more such articles!
What causes Yellow Nails?
Yellow nails are caused by fungal infections, liver disease, regular use of chemicals or poor lifestyle habits such as smoking cigarettes.
How to Get Rid of Yellow Nails?
Nails are the most important part of the hand beauty. If the nails are damaged or have a bad colour like yellow or have bad marks on it then you must get ready to face awkward situations. But now you can easily get rid of yellow nails at home.
Ways To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
1. Use Lemon
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent, it is an excellent home remedy to get rid of yellow nails. It helps to remove the stain from the nails easily.
1. Add some drops of lemon juice and essential oil in a bowl filled with the water.
2. Soak your nails for 10-15 minutes.
3. Use a soft toothbrush to remove the stain from your nails.
Now, repeat this remedy twice a day until the stain goes away from your nails.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the best remedies to get rid of yellow nails due to its bleaching properties.
To get rid of the yellow nail with baking you can use the following method:
1. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with a ½ teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
2. Apply this mixture on your nails and leave it for five minutes.
3. Immediately scrub your nails with a soft toothbrush and then wash it in the warm water.
Repeat this remedy at your home until the stain disappears from your nails.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that are very powerful in fighting infection and can recover the natural colour of your nails. It is considered the best home remedy to get rid of yellow nails.
1. Apply tea tree oil on your nails and leave it for 5-10 minutes
2. Wash it off with the warm water.
Repeat this home remedy twice per day until the condition improves.
4. Lemon and Tea Tree oil
A mixture of lemon and tea tree oil is the best home remedy to get rid of yellow nails. As lemon has a natural bleaching agent and tea tree oil has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties and using the combination of the two is something you should surely go for.
1. Mix the tea tree oil and lemon in an equal ratio to create a paste
2. Apply this paste on your nails and then gently rub the yellow stains out with a soft toothbrush.
Repeat this easy remedy daily until the yellow stains from your nails get disappeared.
5. Tea tree oil and Olive Oil
The combination of two essential oil will serve as the best treatment to get rid of toenails and fingernails. Given below is the method to remove fungus from feet and hand quickly.
1. Mix tea tree oil and olive oil in an equal ratio.
2. Apply the mixture on your nails for 10-15 minutes.
3. Wash your nails with warm water.
Repeat this home remedy several times to get rid of yellow nails.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in malic acid and acetic acid which help to reduce the yellow stains from your nails. It is an effective solution to get rid of yellow nails from the infection.
1. Add a ½ cup of apple cider vinegar to ½ cup of the warm water.
2. Soak your nails for 20 minutes.
3. Let your nails dry first and apply lotion on it.
Repeat this remedy for at least three months to get rid of yellow nails.
7. Lavender and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lavender oil has a great healing property and extra virgin oil is also known as a great moisturizer. Hence, the combination of lavender and extra virgin oil does not only serves the purpose but it also helps in moisturizing.
1. Mix lavender and extra virgin olive oil in equal ratio.
2. Apply this mixture daily on your yellow nails until the stain disappears from nails.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has whitening properties, therefore it is also a solution to get rid of yellow nails.
1. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and ½ cup of warm water and mix well.
2. Soak your nail for some minutes.
3. Gently rub your nails with a soft toothbrush.
4. Wash your nails in water.
Repeat this method until you get the desired result.
9. Lemon Hydro soda Paste
Lemon hydro soda is an effective home remedy to get rid of yellow nails. It is a paste which is made from hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and lemon essential oils. This paste is most appropriate to get rid of yellow nails which are caused by diet or chemicals.
1. Mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to form a paste
2. Add some drops of lemon essential oil.
3. Apply this paste to your nails for some minutes.
4. At last, wash your nails off with warm water.
10. Hydrogen peroxide and Baking soda
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with a ½ tablespoon of baking soda.
2. Cover your nails with paste by a cotton bud.
3. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
11. Whitening Toothpaste
1. Apply toothpaste on your nails and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
2. Immediately scrub your nails with a soft toothbrush.
3. Wash it off with the warm water.
12. Orange Peels
Orange peel contains a high amount of vitamin C, which can really remove yellow stains from your nails.
Scrub your nails with orange peel twice or thrice a day.
Repeat this process until you get the desired effect.
So, these were 12 easy ways to get rid of yellow nails at home.