A shrug is a cropped or long cardigan-like garment with short or long sleeves knitted in the same piece as the body. In general, a shrug covers less of the body than a vest but is more tailored than a shawl. Shrugs are typically worn over a full shirt, tank top, or dress as the top layer of an outfit. Here, I’ll show you how to wear a shrug with jeans in a variety of ways.
- 1. LONG SHRUG WITH V-NECK T-SHIRT AND RIPPED JEANS
- 2. LONG PRINTED SHRUG WITH BLACK JEANS
- 3. CLASSIC FRINGED SHRUG WITH BLUE JEANS
- 4. GEORGETTE FRONT OPEN GLITTER SHRUG WITH DARK BLUE BOOTCUT JEANS
- 5. SATIN FULL-LENGTH SHRUG WITH SKINNY JEANS
- 6. CHECK BELL-SLEEVES SHRUG WITH BLACK JEANS
- 7. RUFFLED SHRUG WITH ANKLE-LENGTH JEANS
- 8. STRIPED SHRUG WITH WHITE JEANS
- 9. DESIGNER SHRUG WITH STRAIGHT-FIT JEANS
- 10. CHIFFON SHRUG WITH RIPPED BOYFRIEND JEANS
- 11. SLEEVELESS SEQUIN SHRUG WITH LOOSE-FIT JEANS
- 12. SWEATER-STYLE HOODED SHRUG WITH JEANS
- 13. BLACK-WHITE TRIBAL PRINT SHRUG WITH JEANS
- 14. GREY SHRUG WITH AN ALL-BLACK OUTFIT
- 15. BLACK AND WHITE SHRUG WITH BLUE JEANS
1. LONG SHRUG WITH V-NECK T-SHIRT AND RIPPED JEANS
This is a very simple and ordinary grey and blue ensemble. However, all of the simple pieces in this outfit work flawlessly together to create this amazing look. Wear a light grey v-neck t-shirt with light blue ripped and cuffed jeans to achieve this look. Over the pieces, layer a long dark grey shrug. Finish the look with crepe suede ankle boots.
2. LONG PRINTED SHRUG WITH BLACK JEANS
Wear a long, colorful shrug. It will look great with a white chiffon top and black skinny jeans. Combine these pieces with black open-toe heels for a more feminine look.
3. CLASSIC FRINGED SHRUG WITH BLUE JEANS
A bohemian spin on the classic fringed shrug paired with blue jeans creates a hippie look. The white self-design shrug is made of fancy lace material and will add a delicate touch to your outfit. The shawl-collared ensemble also has long tassel-like fringes on the bottom to bring out your inner free-spirited fashionista.
4. GEORGETTE FRONT OPEN GLITTER SHRUG WITH DARK BLUE BOOTCUT JEANS
Going to a party but don’t have a proper outfit? Don’t be concerned! You’re set for the day with a thick black longline shrug. The black shrug for party wear has fancy embellishment on the neck, hemline, and sleeves to add shine and sparkle. Simply throw on a plain black tee and dark blue bootcut jeans and you’ll look like a celebrity.
5. SATIN FULL-LENGTH SHRUG WITH SKINNY JEANS
This floral printed long-length shrug looks great with skinny jeans on a mellow day. The sleeveless, long-length, open-front design allows you to enjoy a hot day without losing your glam factor. When you want to try something new, you can layer your tunics and shirts with it.
6. CHECK BELL-SLEEVES SHRUG WITH BLACK JEANS
Wear checks when in doubt! Never miss an opportunity to show off your stylish side by wearing this yellow checks shrug with any type of black jeans. Even on the dullest of days, the vibrant yellow mixed with black can lift your spirits. The tie-up detail on the open front garment and the bell sleeves with pom-pom details complete the look.
7. RUFFLED SHRUG WITH ANKLE-LENGTH JEANS
This irresistible long-line shrug is on trend. For a vintage look, the straight hemline garment has ruffles detailing on the full sleeves. It works well for making casual outfits appear smart and elegant. You can also wear it over a plain tunic and ankle-length jeans to create a fusion look.
8. STRIPED SHRUG WITH WHITE JEANS
Look at this striped shrug with white jeans, which is ideal for Indo-western looks! The fashionable piece has an asymmetrical hemline and a shirt collar for added sharpness. It has an open front and full sleeves for a sophisticated look. You can use it to layer Indian and western outfits to impress others with your sense of style.
9. DESIGNER SHRUG WITH STRAIGHT-FIT JEANS
This long mustard yellow and beige shrug with straight-fit jeans is a versatile separate that is a wardrobe must-have. The sheer shrug has an ethnic print and is made of crushed fabric, which never fails to impress. To look chic, layer it over a basic t-shirt and denim combo or even on your Indian wear ensembles. Its robe-style collar, open front, and full sleeves make it an excellent choice for smart-casual looks!
10. CHIFFON SHRUG WITH RIPPED BOYFRIEND JEANS
Wear a black print tee with cuffed and ripped boyfriend jeans for a casual and stylish street look. Combine them with a grey long chiffon shrug and a pair of white pointed-toe heels for a breezy look.
11. SLEEVELESS SEQUIN SHRUG WITH LOOSE-FIT JEANS
The open-front, sleeveless shrug has a long line of sequin detail and is paired with loose-fit white, blue, or black jeans for a sparkly look. To make a fusion ensemble, layer it over a basic white or black t-shirt. You can woo the crowd by wearing some statement jewelry!
12. SWEATER-STYLE HOODED SHRUG WITH JEANS
A stylish shrug made to keep you warm in the winter. The knitted pink shrug comes with an attached hoodie for unrivaled comfort and an athleisure look. You can wear it with a simple t-shirt and pajamas or jeans and look effortlessly stylish. The shrug goes well with most neutral colors, such as white, brown, beige, and black.
13. BLACK-WHITE TRIBAL PRINT SHRUG WITH JEANS
This is a very interesting outfit that tries to incorporate some tribal style into a stylish and casual outfit, and I think it succeeds. Wear a white/black vest top with greyish cuffed boyfriend jeans or black skinny jeans and white sneakers/ heels to achieve this look. To make the outfit look more breezy and stylish, layer a black and white tribal printed shrug over the vest top.
14. GREY SHRUG WITH AN ALL-BLACK OUTFIT
Here’s a great outfit for a poised and lovely girl next door look that’s perfect for petite ladies. Wear a black t-shirt with a long black infinity scarf as a top. Layer a grey long shrug over these pieces to create some very chic layers. Wear black cuffed skinny jeans and black combat boots to finish the look.
15. BLACK AND WHITE SHRUG WITH BLUE JEANS
Wear a white form-fitting t-shirt with black flared jeans or blue perfect-fit jeans for a breezy and cool look. You can wear white sneakers for a more casual look or black ballet heels for a more feminine look. Finally, add a magically breezy touch with a long black and white vertical striped shrug.
Here are a few classy ways to pair a long shrug with jeans. I hope you found this article helpful in terms of inspiration for your own outfit ideas. Other articles can be found by clicking here. Have fun styling! 🙂