Being an Indian girl, you surely know the importance and irreplaceable beauty of a dupatta. We unconditionally love dupattas and they are such little pretty darlings of our heart that never fail to impress us. Be it a Lehenga dupatta or anarkali dupattas, they instantly complete the ensemble. As we all know a little that dupattas come in different designs, colors, sizes, lenghts and fabrics. But at least you should know which type of drape you should carry with what or otherwise things can go really nerve-wracking, especially for fashionistas. And Tatacliq is here for you to shop great collection of Dupattas.
We have compiled 25 dupatta designs for you to explore and look ravishing in them at upcoming occasion-
Different Types Of Dupatta Designs-
1. Georgette Dupatta
Georgette is the best known fabric for summers, spring and the days you don’t feel like carrying heavy dupattas. They are generally light in weight and feature a little bit transparent texture. A light lace works to get casually pretty look and if you want to get a festive use a heavily embroidered lace.
- Occasions- College days, lawn parties, casual family dinners
- Style Tip- They will look great with kurtis and long anarkali.
2. Handmade Phulkari Dupatta
These kind of dupatta designs are specially made with hand embroidery on georgette or chiffon dupattas. This phulkari dupattas are most famous in Punjab and you can call them Pride of Punjab.
- Occasion- Weddings, College fests, Small family functions
- Style Tip- A plain white or black punjabi salwar suit paired with phulkari dupatta will look best
3. Chiffon Dupatta
Chiffon dupattas are extremely light in weight and flimsy, so you should always prefer going with plain chiffon dupattas. These type of dupatta designs are amazingly soft to touch and great for pre-wedding ceremonies etc.
- Occasion- engagements, casual days, formal hours
- Style Tip- Wear them with nude makeup and bright colors for a complete aura.
4. Net Dupatta
Net Dupattas are light in weight and have an extreme sheer texture. With a particular amount of embroidery, it can also go either way. The most attractive thing about net dupattas is floral patch work or chikan kaari. These type of dupatta designs are most common among the fashionistas of modern days.
- Occasions- Weddings, Lawn Parties, auspicious events
- Style Tip- You can style them over the head or just carry in on your shoulder.
5. Banarasi Silk Dupatta
Banarasi silk dupattas are the royal picks for lavish events because they are quite like heavy bunks made for special galas only. These dupatta designs are awesome for layering.
- Occasion- social occasions, parties or casual gatherings
- Style Tip- Solid colored suits with these silk dupattas will look great
6. Gota Patti Dupatta
Gota patti is the most evergreen trend, they never go out of fashion. You can choose a gota patti dupatta for any occasion or any weather. These dupatta designs are easily available and they are super quirky with unique sophistication.
- Occasion- Weddings, small functions, casual hangouts
- Style Tip- Choose bright colored suits to pair gota patti dupattas
Rajasthani leheriyas got a lot of attention lately, they can be worn at almost every occasion. You can get them in simple designs and by adding a heavy lace can turn them into wedding staple too.
- Occasion- college days, weddings, garba nights
- Style Tips- A plain white or black suit with these dupatta designs will look effortlessly stylish.
The type of print which we see over these dupatta designs is widely known as Kashmiri art. They can add instant elegant impact to your appeal which will further bring you oodles of compliments. These feminine staples are truly comfortable and warm to wear all day long during chilly days.
- Occasion- Social gatherings, fashion and art concerts, marriage ceremonies, engagement
- Style Tip- You can take them as a shawl or stole with Sarees during winter days.
9. Velvet Dupatta
These velvet dupattas designs are like brides dream come true during winter days. A complete velvet pick can be really heavy and tough to carry as a bride, so going for a mix and match of velvet dupattas with prints over another fabric are best.
- Occasion- As bridal outfit, family functions and fashion shows
- Style Tip- Applying less makeup is the best idea for velvet dupattas
10. Zardosi Work Dupatta
Thanks to Persia, who brought this art to India. In India, Lucknow is known to be the best at this kind of technique. Zardosi work dupatta designs showcase complex nature, floral and leaf motifs. Originally, zardosi threads are made of an alloy of gold and silver thus they are little expensive.
- Occasion- wedding functions, family events, dinners
- Style Tip- Simple salwar suits and glam makeup is best to pair with these dupatta designs.
11. Kalamkari Dupatta
Kalam-Kaari, is a hand painted or block printed technique in textile industry. This colour and pattern dyeing is basically done over cotton fabric and only produced by some states of India and Iran.
- Occasion- Social gathering, casual functions, festive hours, college farewells
- Style Tip- A simple kurti with a denim styled with this dupatta will create an awesome outfit.
12. Cotton Silk Dupatta
These dupatta designs are a blend of cotton and silk thus they feature lightweight advantage, silky touch and comfortable wearing. The fabric has soft hand-feel and it’s durability is very fine.
- Occasion- Casual meet ups, social gatherings, religious events
- Style Tip- These cotton silk dupattas can be worn with denims for their simplicity.
Buti dupatta designs feature this intricate design work on the borders or all over the bodice as stars or dots. These dupattas are made with multi-colored cotton threads and copper threads to bring out this amazing artwork.
- Occasion- Evening parties, pre weddings events, ocktail parties, social meetings
- Style Tip- Pair these dupattas with intense hues
14. Pom Pom Dupatta
These fluffy balls of wool are highly in demand now a days. You can see them in footwear, earrings, necklaces and now in dupattas too. These dupatta designs are in vogue because of their quirky looks.
- Occasion- college fests, small family functions, festivals
- Style Tip- Neutral makeup with pop lips will look best with these dupattas.
15. Jaal Work Dupatta
These dupatta designs are made to add extra festivity to your outfit. They are molded into heavy jaal work with one or multicolored thread. It can be made into different designs and motifs.
- Occasion- weddings, engagement, family dinners
- Style Tip- add extra dazzle to your bordered anarkali with this dupatta
16. Digital Printed Dupatta
These dupatta designs are in vogue because of the unique quirkyness they carry. You can wear these dupattas with denims as well as suits.
- Occasion- college days, family dinners, small gatherings, photshoots
- Style Tip- pair these dupattas with a kurti with contrast in dupatta to create best look
17. Ikat Dupatta
Ikat follows resist dyeing on the yarns prior to dyeing and weaving the fabric. These dupatta designs are the most comfortable during confusing hours, they are neither too bright nor too dull yet so sophisticated.
- Occasion- Casual functions, college farewells, formal hours
- Style Tip- Some vintage jewellery will give best look to this dupatta
18. Madhubani Dupatta
These dupatta designs shows drawing of natural phenomena, reflection of feminine beauty and life of the common people. Madhubani Painting has provided a perfect euphoria to lots of art lovers and fashion enthusiasts.
- Occasion- Formal hours, religious functions, college days
- Style Tip- Pair it with traditional kurti or salwar suit to look beautiful
19. Chanderi Dupatta
Chanderi dupattas are light in weight, sheer adhere and fine luxurious feel. The fabric is originally produced by weaving silk and golden Zari in the traditional cotton yarn.
- Occasion- Festive hours, religious functions, college days, office parties
- Style Tip- Wear them with Kalamkari suit to get oodles of compliments.
20. Bandhani Dupatta
Bandhani dupatta designs are known as beauty of Rajasthan. They are made in Rajasthan at a very heavy demand and they surely do look great on almost every ethnic piece of garment.
- Occasion- weddings, family functions, engagements
- Style Tip- pair these bandhani dupatta designs with plain suits to create an amazing outfit
These dupatta designs are made with exquisite thread that comes in yellowish-brown color from silk moths. This dupatta is mostly loved and owned by married women in India.
- Occasion- Festive times, religious events
- Style Tip- Choose plain salwar suits or classic kurti to show off the contrast with this dupatta.
22. Kantha Embroidered Dupatta
This Kantha embroidery is famous in states of West Bengal. This popular style of embroidery showcases the incredible skill and talent of the rural women in Bengal. The paints, prints and images depict the world of Vedic times.
- Occasion- Casual meetings, social gatherings, and religious events
- Style Tip- You can style these dupatta designs with a kurti and cropped pants.
23. Patachitra Painted Dupatta
These type of dupatta designs come specially from Odisha and known as Pride of Odisha. The patachitra paintings are famous not only in India but throughout the globe. This type of art is basically drawn on both cotton and silk fabrics. Patachitra painted dupattas showcase amazing pictures of common people and their daily lifestyle.
- Occasion- Casual meet-ups, social gatherings, art exhibitions, office days and religious events
- Style Tip- These dupattas will look great on plain or simple embroidered kurtis and suits.
A sheer or net dupatta with sequin work on it can turn a simple pop colored anarkali shine like a diamond. Just buy yourself a sheer or net dupatta to create these type of dupatta designs. A little work done on it by embroidery craftsmen or by adding lace at the ends.
- Occasion- Weddings, family get togethers, festivals
- Style Tip- Get yourself a floor length anarkali with heavy borders and style ii with sequin dupatta
These types of dupatta designs are very versatile. Floral dupattas made with hand painting on chiffon or georgette kind of fabrics. Or else they have embroidery, but they are so stylish to pair with plain suits or anarkalis.
- Occasion- Weddings, festivals, dinners
- Style Tip- Pair this dupatta with a plain anarkali to look best.
So here were 25 amazing designs for dupattas that you should try for Diwali and wedding season after that.
Stay Stylish 🙂