“An apple everyday keeps a doctor away” is a phrase you might be hearing since quite a long time, but how many of us ever tried to judge the authenticity of this scientifically. I guess no one, it is an advice delivered to us generations after generations and we have been believing it without verifying it ever. There exist many more myths like this on which we have complete blind faith and need to be busted. Here we compiled such a list of 10 myths that we generally believe in our day to day life which you must stop believing right now.
- 1. Starving Yourself Will Make You Lose Weight
- 2. You Need 8-10 Glasses Of Water Everyday
- 3. Some Shampoos Can Cure Your Split Ends
- 4. Chocolate Is Not Good For Health
- 5. You Should Completely Cut Your Fat Intake To Lose Weight
- 6. You Don’t Need Sunscreens When It’s Cloudy
- 7. Stress Is The Reason Behind Greying Of Your Hair
- 8. Milk Is Good For Health
- 9. Brown Bread Is Good For Health
- 10. Green Tea Can Make You Lose Weight
1. Starving Yourself Will Make You Lose Weight
Starving yourself will only make you gain weight instead of losing it. Starving yourself will make you eat way more than your need and you’ll end up overeating.
2. You Need 8-10 Glasses Of Water Everyday
We may have heard this numerous times that how important it is to drink more than 8-10 glasses of water. But another thing that we don’t know is that drinking excessive water could dilute your body fluids bringing down the sodium levels to life-threatening levels.
3. Some Shampoos Can Cure Your Split Ends
There’s is simply no way to cure split ends through whatsoever shampoo you use. The only way to make this work is to trim them up and that’s the only possible thing that can cure split ends. And if any shampoo guarantees it, you better prove them wrong.
4. Chocolate Is Not Good For Health
The chocolate we eat is loaded with sugar and milk solids which make it unhealthy for all of us, but the fact is that dark chocolate is actually rich in antioxidants, reduces stress levels, lowers down the risk of cancer and has many more proven added benefits. Next time you buy a chocolate, look for the dark one rather than any usual.
5. You Should Completely Cut Your Fat Intake To Lose Weight
Fats are not actually that bad for health, the reason which makes it worse is the amount of trans fat or unhealthy monosaturated fatty acids which have all the positive reasons to be avoided.
6. You Don’t Need Sunscreens When It’s Cloudy
Even when it’s cloudy outside, sun rays are alway present there in the form of UV light that harms your skin the most. And hence there’s no reason to skip your sunscreen.
7. Stress Is The Reason Behind Greying Of Your Hair
The graying of your hair is directly related to your genetics than your stress levels. Even the extent of your hair fall largely depends on it. Environmental factors also exist but this is not the sole reason of it.
8. Milk Is Good For Health
Dairy products have so many harmful effects added to it. It is obviously a good source of calcium but is not sufficient to fill up your basic calcium necessity as much as we think.
9. Brown Bread Is Good For Health
Brown bread is made up of using preservatives and other ingredients are mixed other than the wheat content to make it soft and spngy which makes it not so healthy.
10. Green Tea Can Make You Lose Weight
It is proven that excessive intake of green tea can increase the risk of miscarriages, stress levels, anxiety, and osteoporosis. Green tea is rich in catechins which directly influence your nervous system causing severe damage to it.
All That Glitters Is Not Gold!!